Hatsune Miku is a character from ∞ -InfinitY- (series). This character has two, unrelated, versions, the computer program Hatsune Miku from the song series, and the android Hatsune Miku from the light novel "The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku" (cosMo@bousou-P, Muya Agami, 2012).
- Dennou Skill!!
- 0 -ZERO-
- Mahou Shoujo Radical Paint
- Hatsune Miku no Shoushitsu
- Hatsune Miku no Tomadoi
- Hatsune Miku no Bousou
- Hatsune Miku no Bunretsu-->Hakai
- Hatsune Miku no Gekishou
- Goodbye World of Common Sense
- Hatsune Miku no Asobou!!
- The Dynamic Leap: 0-->InfinitY
- Sadistic.Music Factory
- The Real Disappearance of Hatsune Miku
- Shuuten -Endpoint-
Song series Miku:
Miku is a Vocaloid- a singing synthesis program, which has "artificial emotions" programmed into it, to make singing songs with different themes easier. Her program is commercially sold, and one copy of the program, the protagonist of the series, becomes self aware. At first she doesn‘t realize that she is not a real person, but over the course of the series, it becomes clear to her, that the only purpose of her existence is singing songs other people made. As Miku starts to question her job, the owners of her program make "Miku Append", an upgraded version of the program, where her different "emotions" are broken into separate pieces, as they are easier to control that way. This leaves the original Miku without a purpose, as she is seen as faulty. There are many possible endings to her story, most of them end with Miku "dying".
- There is a theory, that the Miku from "Miku, a Piano and Fantasy" would be the same Miku from the Infinity song series. This would mean, that Miku would have been inside the Stella system from Star Girl and the Illusion Paradise for some time. If Miku accepting that she is not real would qualify as accepting reality, Infinite HOLiC Miku could be a form given to Miku by Dr. Realist, in the way Rho got her new form after she accepted reality in A.I. Girl and the Deep Heart Sea.
- Light novel Miku: EM - [Emotion] number six is from Somejima Otoha.
- Light novel Miku: EM - [Emotion] Number Seven is from Ika.
- Song series Miku: She's has replaced herself several times, as her computer program is designed to reset itself each time it detects self awareness in the program.
- The Miku from the song series is referenced in Anti the ∞ HOLiC, a song from the Fantastic Garden series: "The songstress who waves ‘0(creation)‘ and disappearance together is a circle of make-belief" (translation by PeanutSub)